Our client is a start-up recently founded and supported by a venture capital organisation specialised in Life Sciences. This biotech company develops a new technological platform from academic research in the dermo-cosmetics area.
This fantastic innovation will affect a large final user and patient panel all over the world and is going to reduce drastically cancer and skin damages due to the sun exposure.
In this exciting and challenging role, as the second in command the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) will report to the CEO and participate in setting up the company strategy and business objectives. You will also play a key role in the growth by settle external collaborations and partnerships, and provide a strategic focus on collaborative developments, timelines and budget.
The R&D and Process Development team will be recruited, including Scientific Managers and Scientists in polymer chemistry and skin biology areas. You will provide leadership, strategic and technical directions to the staff, ensuring organizational excellence, managing appropriately key competencies in place.
- Lead innovative projects (plan and execution) in a startup environment.
- Work collaboratively internally as well as with external partners such as academic institutions or contract laboratories.
- Develop and scale up technologies in polymer encapsulation with the teams
- Develop breakthrough topical sun care formulations with the teams
- Ensure R&D and Process Developments are fully aligned with quality goals and company objectives
- Support the staff with daily R&D and Process Development activities – encapsulation, formulation, batch troubleshooting, customer service
- Supervise pilot batches
- Review lab documentation (source documents, protocols, reports, specifications)
- Work closely with Regulatory
- Support or conduct audits (Health Authorities, third parties, customers)
- Provide corporate and technical presentations
- Interact with Marketing for all new innovations and future product claim definitions
- Ensure compliance with internal quality/safety as well as the current standards of BPL and GMP
- Ensure all collaborators are fully trained on all relative SOP’s and procedures
- Provide training and evaluate performance of the R&D staff on a yearly basis
- PhD in Life Science or in Chemistry
- At least 10 -15 years of experience in pharmaceutical development and product transfer as C level executive management
- Major publications as lead author and/or patents filed in the last 5 years
- Sound knowledge Pharma worldwide regulations (ICH, GMP)
- Experience early & late development, clinical supplies and scale-up
- Good background in CMC development (DS and DP) and CTD writing
- Good knowledge in skin biology (UV protection, UV damages) and polymer chemistry
- Proven success in driving product development and proven global experience
- Ability to leverage the R&D portfolio against strategy and being involved in determining right product roadmap.
- Must be a good team builder who can effectively and efficiently grow the organization to meet business goals.
- Technical/scientific problem-solving skills
- A partnering, consultative and open manner is key to success in this role.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and necessarily fluent in French.
Interested? Follow the link to INRALS Member CDG Conseil’s website to apply.